This module helps facilitate the integration of existing public libraries into national early literacy efforts through relevant services that support family and community reading activities.
Beyond Access freely shares these training resources for libraries and development organizations who want to improve community information services. If you’re interested in learning more about this training resource, please contact us at email@example.com.
Download an overview of this training module:
Download the facilitation guide for this training module:
Participants will be able to:
- Measure basic data for library management and explain the impact of their contributions to literacy efforts
- Support caregivers in reading with younger children, including by making smart use of technology
- Conduct community outreach, including by coordinating and partnering successfully with organized literacy programs
- Design the layout of their libraries and arrange materials to best support literacy goals
- Identify the specic ways in which libraries can support literacy initiatives and programs in their country
- Planning services to respond to user needs
- Using tablet computers to support literacy
- Promotion & community partnerships
- Literacy skills and activities for libraries
- Libraries & literacy: the Why’s