E-government services are being introduced at a rapid pace in nearly every country. But users often have difficulty learning about these services and how they can use them to improve their lives. This module helps public libraries become the institution of community support that helps people access relevant e-government functions and make the most of them.
Beyond Access freely shares these training resources for libraries and development organizations who want to improve community information services. If you’re interested in learning more about this training resource, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download an overview of this training module:
Participants will be able to:
- Form partnerships with appropriate local agencies and organizations to maximize the usage and value of e-government services
- Comfortably guide and advise users on making effective use of specific e-government services
- Identify the key e-government services from which their communities can benefit, in order to offer and promote these services at libraries
- Understand the role public libraries have in facilitating introduction and access to e-government services in their countries
- Challenges in benefitting from e-government services and how to minimize them
- Transforming e-government services into library services
- National and local e-government strategy and resources in your country
- E-government and libraries around the world