This training module enables librarians to understand and then respond to the needs of their communities by developing and delivering relevant library services.
Beyond Access freely shares these training resources for libraries and development organizations who want to improve community information services. If you’re interested in learning more about this training resource, please contact us at email@example.com.
Download an overview of this training module:
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles of developing key messages for communicating the importance of library services in the community
- Understand the principal resources required by libraries and identify potential sources for new resources to support library services
- Identify appropriate library services that will meet the needs of different community groups
- Understand the reasons why different people in their communities use or do not use the library
- Identify and describe the various types of library users and potential users in their communities
- Measuring library service value and success
- Pursuing new resources and promoting new services
- Initiating and enhancing library services
- Assessing library assets and resources
- Gauging service demand and usage
- Analyzing community members and their needs